Ex Harbour Board Pilot Boat
Ex Whangarei Harbour Pilot Vessel “Ngapuhi” is a strong and capable vessel at a really good price.
Built by Lanes in Totara North in 1952-53 with carvel Kauri construction over laminated frames. Ngapuhi was owned by Northland Port Corporation and operated as the Whangarei Harbour Pilot Boat from 1963 to 2000. She had a complete refit completed in 1984 including an aluminium wheelhouse, 2 x new engines, and gearboxes, props, shafts, rudders, new instrumentation, and new electrical system. She was also kept in SSM survey for 16 passengers up until 2013 and a vessel like Ngapuhi wouldn’t be hard to return to survey. Ngapuhi has been kept in Whangaroa Harbour since 2000, operating North to the Three Kings Islands, and South to Great Barrier and Auckland.
Contact Steve Thomas, NZ Boat Sales Nelson, FREE Phone 0508 4 BOATS (0508 42 62 87) Mob 0274 459197.