Bill Tripp 39 “Marina”
MARINA is a special yacht with a very special history. Since launching in Argentina 1967, the one (and still current) owner has clocked up over 120,000 miles cruising the world.
During the 1960s, William H. Tripp Jr. was one of America’s most successful yacht designers, drawing custom ocean racers for a distinguished clientele and smaller boats for production builders like Seafarer and Columbia Yachts. His Bermuda 40 for the Henry R. Hinckley Co. is considered by many to be one of the prettiest boats of the era.
MARINA is a special yacht with a very special history. Since launching in Argentina 1967, the one (and still current) owner has clocked up over 120,000 miles cruising the world. She is built from 5 year seasoned strip Paraguan cedar, so tight that no caulking is required! The beautifully crafted timber interior is truly unique. Features include –
- $30,000 approx spent on new hull paint, canvas, full boat cover and upgrades since 2020
- Alloy spars, rig checked 2018
- Full sail wardrobe
- Set up for short handed sailing
- Yanmar 3GM, 27hp engine (installed 1998)
- Wheel steering
- Windvane self steering system
- Robertson AP3000 Autopilot
- SSB and VHF radios with pactor modem
- B and G wind instruments
- 1.97 metre internal headroom
- 2 double and 1 single berth
- Cockpit shower (hot water system)
- Fridge, freezer and oven
- Solar panels and inverter
- Near new Aquapro dinghy and 2hp motor
- Life raft and safety equipment
- Full boat cover
- Numerous spare parts and tools required for offshore cruising.
Motivated seller will now consider serious offers. Please call to discuss. Please enquire for full details and inventory. To arrange viewing in Nelson, please contact the owner’s Sole Agent –
Steve Thomas, FREE PHONE 0508 4 BOATS (0508 42 62 87) Mob 0274459197.
NZ Boat Sales Comment:
Beautifully crafted and well maintained yacht that has stood the test of time. A special boat with a proud history.
Competitive insurance cover available. This indicative quote is based on full cover, vessel being marina berthed and subject to terms & conditions, no previous claims and relevant boating experience, and to receipt of a survey.
Third Party: $10,000,000
Indicative Annual Premium: $950 plus GST